Intand Corporation ("Intand" or "our" or "we") respects your privacy. Our staff, contractors, and others who help us operate our websites follow this policy on privacy and fair information practices for Intand's online activities.
- The security of your personal information is a high priority at Intand. We maintain these websites and all associated data with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. No computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard, but Intand is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate security controls to protect our websites and their information against foreseeable hazards.
- The information you provide helps us and our partners (including our service providers, advertisers, and other partners) make the Intand Sites more useful for you. It also enables us to provide you updates about our services and special offers from our partners. When you become a registered user of our site, you may receive email or postal mail from Intand. If you have so elected, you may also receive email or postal mail from our partners. You can change your email settings at any time by going to your Intand account and clicking the "Settings" link at the top of the site.
- Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily provide information in public areas of an Intand Site, that information can be viewed and possibly used by others, both on the Intand Sites and potentially on our partners' sites. We advise users not to disclose contact information, including phone number, email address, street address, or instant messenger address (examples of "personally identifiable information") within these public areas that they do not wish to share.
Changes to this Policy
The Intand Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13. The Intand Sites prohibits registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. Any child accessing the Intand Sites must do so with the supervision of a parent. Note to parents: If you have any concerns about the Intand Sites or their related services, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collection and Use
Below are more details about the information the Intand Sites gather from you and how we use it.
- Email Newsletters, Updates, and Invitations. Intand Sites offer email newsletters and important account activity updates that may include material that is promotional in nature. These email updates may also include offers from Intand's marketing partners. As part of the Intand service you will receive these updates. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving any of the updates, follow the unsubscribe procedures at the bottom of any newsletter or update we send you; alternatively, you may change your notification settings by clicking on the "Settings" link on your home page and visiting the Email Notification Settings page from there. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from any promotionally oriented emails, newsletters, or account activity updates, you may continue to receive transactional email messages from Intand with important information pertaining to your account and our services, such as notifications related to a paid subscription.
- Intand Account Profile. When you purchase a service from Intand, you will be required to provide us with certain contact information, including your name, email address, institution name and billing address. If you subscribe for services which are not offered without cost, we also require other information necessary to process your payment (such as a credit card and expiration date or purchase order number). We may use the information you provide us to bill you for products and services you have requested, or to notify you of additional products and services available to you. By becoming a registered user, you agree that we may share this information with our service providers, which may include banks and credit card companies we use to process your transaction. They are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose including their own marketing purposes.
Other Uses or Disclosures. We may also use or disclose your membership registration or other personally identifiable information as follows:
- Service Providers. We sometimes offer our users services provided by third parties. When you register for an account on an Intand Site or activate a service by clicking on a particular service link (e.g., email) on our sites, you may be automatically registered to receive the free services we offer, and some of your personally identifiable information may be shared by Intand with those third-party service providers, such as our credit card processing company. We take care to require that our third-party service providers use our users' data only as necessary to provide the particular service requested. These service providers may not use this information for any other purpose, including their own marketing purposes.
- Co-registration with Other Sites. As an Intand Site user, we may offer you the ability to co-register with select third-party partner sites. In some instances where Intand provides co-registration, the co-registration partners allow you to opt out of their membership. If you choose to co-register with our partners and accept their terms of service, then you are automatically registered as a member of their select websites, and your personally identifiable information is shared with those organizations. As a result, you may receive information from one of these websites as any of their users would. We advise you to review their privacy and data collection policies for further information. We are not responsible for the use of your personally identifiable information by any such service provider. In order to cancel your membership with any of these partners you will need to go directly to the partner's site.
- Certain Third Party Co-marketing partners. We may from time to time share your personally identifiable information with our third party co-marketing partners if we believe they have an offer that would be of interest to you.
- Updates to Personal Information. When you become an Intand user, other users and third parties may, through use of our Intand for Outlook and other specified services, seek to update their personal contact lists by requesting your personal information, including your personally identifiable information. In some cases, institutions may send us a list of personal information in an attempt to contact customers or subscribers whose contact information may have changed. WE WILL NOT PROVIDE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THESE OTHER USERS, BUSINESSES, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT. We will notify you when any such request for your contact information is made, and you will be provided with the option to accept or decline the request. If you do not respond to this request, you will be considered to have declined the request, and your updated contact information will not be provided.
- Blogs and Forums. Be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit.
- Testimonials. We use testimonials on this site. When you submit a testimonial, we will request your permission before publicly posting this and any of your personally identifiable information on the website. If you would like your testimonial removed at any time, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-810-6037.
- Email Updates to Users. The Intand Sites periodically send service email updates announcing special offers and/or new features to registered users. This may also include email offers from selected marketing partners. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving any of the updates, follow the unsubscribe procedures at the bottom of any newsletter. Alternatively, you may change your notification settings by visiting the Email Notification Settings page located in the My Account area of our site. If you are not a registered user and you are receiving emails you wish to opt out of, please contact Customer Support by phone at 1-866-810-6037 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also unsubscribe from all future Intand emails by entering your email address at www.tandem.co/unsubscribe. Please allow 7-10 days for your request to process.
- Surveys and User Research. Intand conducts email and web-delivered surveys from time to time, as well as instant polls, to gather information about our users. It is important to remember that taking these surveys and polls is entirely optional. You have no obligation to respond to them. We share only the aggregate results of these surveys, not individual data, with our advertisers and partners to help them better understand our services and monitor the reach of their advertising on our service. We also store some of the information that our users provide in these surveys to help us understand your interests and to make the site more useful for you.
- Sites You Visit. As you access our affiliate sites and browse around the Intand Sites, Intand may store information about which pages and which affiliate sites you visit and other information presented in your browser's URL address line. Intand will use this information to help determine what our users are most interested in.
- Other Third Parties. Intand may share non-personal, aggregate, or summary information regarding our users with other third parties not mentioned in this policy. This kind of information does not identify you individually but is often used to provide general demographics or statistics.
- Merger or Acquisition. In the event of a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of substantially all or a portion of our assets (including a website owned by us), you agree that Intand may transfer your personally identifiable information to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale.
- Security. The Intand Sites endeavor to protect the security and integrity of the information you provide to us once it is received on our systems. However, when you submit information about yourself to the Intand Sites over the internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under the control of Intand. We take the protection of user data very seriously and to that end provide extra assurances that your information will not be intercepted. In the case of shopping pages, for example, the credit card information you submit is protected by secure servers. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. But no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about privacy or security on our website, you can email us at email@example.com or contact our Customer Support team by phone at 1-866-810-6037.
Changing or Updating Your Information
To change or update your account information, please use the "My Account" link to change your profile page at Intand. To change or update your contact information such as your email or physical address, please use the "Settings" link to change your Intand information.
We reserve the right to send you customary business communications (i.e. renewal notifications, general system and administrative messages, address confirmations, etc.) without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. We do provide you the opportunity to choose the frequency of certain email notifications (including the choice not to receive any), by visiting the Email Notification Settings page in the "Settings" area of our website. We also provide you the opportunity to unsubscribe from emails notifying you of special offers or discounts, tips or tricks for using our service, or selected offers from our marketing partners by visiting the Email Notification Settings page, or alternatively following the unsubscribe procedure/link at the bottom of the email message.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms/Policy Updates
Still Have Questions?
227 Bellevue Way NE #283
Bellevue, WA 98004
Effective date: December 1, 2009